I am a Canadian Registered Dietitian (RD) based in Cape Town, South Africa with a passion for Early Life Nutrition. What a couple eats in the months leading up to conception, during pregnancy and what a little one eats in the first few years of life is a period of time known as the ‘First 1000 Days’ which impacts the baby’s cognitive abilities, immunity, risk of chronic diseases, and much more. There is a powerful impact that can be made during these 1000 days and my passion lies in helping couples to optimize their nutrition during this influential time.
I am certified in both Fertility and Prenatal Nutrition, and a member of the Early Life Nutrition Alliance (ELNA) – an international organisation that specialises in reproductive and prenatal nutrition.
Based out of Noordhoek, I consult online and in-person with a focus on assisting patients with:
- Providing personalised dietary advice to clients trying to conceive regarding their diet and nutritional supplement regimes
- Conditions such as PCOS, endometriosis, thyroid conditions, diabetes, and insulin resistance
- Preparing for IVF
- Meeting nutritional requirements during pregnancy
- The prevention and management of gestational diabetes
- Food intolerances or major elimination diets such as coeliac, vegetarian, and vegan
My expertise lies in supporting women and couples to prepare for conception, calculating dietary requirements, giving personalized advice on supplements, optimizing baby’s future health outcomes, providing support through pregnancy, de-bunking nutrition myths, and decreasing confusion. Looking forward to working with you!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.